Let Mel introduce you to creative candle making - right here in Kangarilla, South Australia!
Enrol now for our next half-day jam-packed workshop and discover a creative and rewarding new handicraft.
We make it easy to learn candle making by taking you through the process step by step.
Join us for a BASIC soy candle making the workshop and in just a few hours you'll learn a new skill that's creative, different and a lot of fun. You can then continue to build your skills through our two advanced workshops - ADVANCED and PILLAR candle making. We also offer private one-on-one sessions and telephone consultancy advice.
All candle making is personally taught by well known and respected South Australian Candle Artisan, Mel Cant.
Our BASIC candle making workshop is far more than a simple craft practical class. Mel covers the "science" of candle making, as well sharing problem-solving techniques to ensure your success.
Learn how to select the right wax for your chosen candle product. Choose the correct type of wicking for your wax and burn diameter, understand why dyes can clog the wick and how to use candle fragrances and essential oils safely. Mel shares formula, techniques, and lots of hints on how to make a daunting task easy and fun.
During our BASIC candle making the workshop, you will prepare your glassware; calculate, measure, melt, mix and pour your own candle products. You will take home (1) a gift pack of scented tea lights (2) scented soy melts to burn for 60 hours, (3) a stunning glitter cupcake candle complete with "icing", (4) a soothing wood wick (crackling) candle, and (5) a luxurious hydrating essential oil massage candle.
All candle making workshops are conducted at owner's Mel (& husband David's) 20-acre Kangarilla property, 32 kilometers from Adelaide CBD.
Learn from South Australia's most renown candle trainer how to make your own beautiful, non-toxic candles, and spoil yourself with a little well deserved pampering. Enjoy a delicious light lunch and a glass of bubbles whilst taking in the picturesque views of the beautiful Kangarilla valley.
Each Candle Making Workshop includes:
- Use of all equipment and candle making supplies.
- Candles made on the day for you to take home (RRP $60.00).
- A light lunch, a glass of bubbles, and liquid refreshments (tea, coffee, soft drink and mineral water throughout the day) while you enjoy the breathtaking views of Kangarilla valley.
- Two (2) weeks of phone/email "After Class Support & Advice" to manage the challenges of the first few weeks at home.
- An invitation to join our "Let’s Talk Candles" FB networking group to build your knowledge base and talk to fellow candle makers.
- Comprehensive technical notes with step by step instructions.
- Wick charts/diagrams applicable to the course.
- Ability to purchase candle making kit.
Check out our various Candle Workshops:
- BASIC candle making
- ADVANCED candle making (pre-requisite BASIC)
- PILLAR candle making
- PRIVATE WORKSHOP candle making
Promising high-quality and safety in every workshop!
All the products you will use in class are the same that leading Mel uses for her own creations. On the day, buy a candle-making kit to get you started at home.