Advanced Container Candle Making Workshop
Attendance at Chandelle Galerie's Basic Candle Making Workshop is an ESSENTIAL PRE-REQUISITE to participate in the Advanced Container Candle Workshop. If you have NOT attended the Basic Workshop, please call Mel PRIOR to registering to discuss your experience.
For experienced crafters wanting to take their skills to the next level.
This 4.5-hour workshop starts with a short problem-solving revision session on the learning outcomes detailed within the Basic Container Workshop. Mel will then explain techniques used for multi-wicking of containers and multi-layering of candles, using colour separation to create interesting designs. The second half of the workshop covers the creation of unique candle scents, which will leave your family, friends, and clients in awe!
Mel will explain the Fragrance Wheel, designed to simplify fragrance classification and naming, as well as show you the relationship between the 5 fragrance families (Floral, Oriental, Woody, Fresh & Fougère, the latter consisting of newer, bright and clean smelling citrus and oceanic fragrances). You will then create and make your own 30ml vial of scent to take home! The hardest decision is choosing a name for your unique scent!
Your FEE covers:
- Use of all equipment and candle making supplies.
- Candles made on the day for you to take home (RRP $60.00).
- A light lunch, a glass of bubbles, and liquid refreshments (tea, coffee, soft drink & mineral water) throughout the day.
- Two (2) weeks of phone/email "After Class Support & Advice" to manage the challenges of the first few weeks at home.
- An invitation to join our "Let’s Talk Candles" FB networking group to build your knowledge base and talk to fellow candle makers.
- Comprehensive technical notes with step by step instructions.
- Wick charts/diagrams applicable to the course.
Terms & Conditions:
Your registration acknowledges agreement to the following:
- Participants will NOT be confirmed into a workshop until full payment has been received.
- It is our policy not to refund a workshop fee if the participant cancels within 72 hours of the workshop. Participants acknowledge this as reasonable given the difficulty in backfilling a place at such short notice.
- If we are unable to meet our workshop minimum of 3 participants, we reserve the right to cancel and reschedule the workshop. In this situation, participants will be offered a transfer to an alternative date/s or a full refund.
- Our workshops are strictly for participants only (so please do not bring along children or friends for company).
Participants must be 18 years of age.
Cost is $175.00 + GST.
Duration is 10.30am to 3.00pm (inclusive of a 45-minute lunch break)